Production Of Boeing 757

The Boeing 757 had a production run from 1982 through 2004 where 1,050 were produced. The 757 replaced the earlier Boeing 727 that ended production in 1984. Passenger versions were configured with 186 to 279 seats. The Boeing 737-900 has replaced the Boeing 757 in the current market. The Boeing 757 was available with two (2) engine options; Rolls Royce RB211-535E4 and Pratt & Whitney 2037/2040. 59 percent of the 757’s are Rolls Royce powered with the remaining 41 percent equipped with Pratt & Whitney. A large portion of the 1,050 Boeing 757’s built are used by various U.S. Airlines including American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Northwest Airlines, United Airlines, UPS and US Airways. Other major operators in Europe include Icelandair, Thomas Cook, Thomsonfly, First Choice and Monarch Airlines. Of the 1,050 Boeing 757 aircraft produced, 995 were 757-200 models and 55 were 757-300 models. Of the 995 Boeing 757-200 models, 914 were passenger models, 80 were the Package Freighter (known as the 757-200PF) which were factory built freighters for UPS and 1 757-200M which was a Combi version for Royal Nepal Airlines.


Engine 757-200

757-200 has two engines. Many engine type options are available. Either 166.4kN Rolls Royce RB211-535C turbofans, or 178.8kN (40,200lb) RB211-535E4s Pratt & Whitney PW2037s etc are used.

Speed 757-200

757-200 has a Max speed of Mach 914km/h which makes it quite fast in commercial flights. 757-200 has a cruising speed of 850km/h. 757-200 has a maximum range of 5053km.

Weight 757-200

Range varies with engines, fuel and weight options. 757-200 while operating empty has a weight of 275,000kg and has a maximum weight of 99,790kg. 757-200 has a Wing span of 38.05m and a wing area of 185.3meter square. It is 47.32m. It has a height of 13.56m. 757-200 is operated able by two pilots.


There are different seating arrangements. In two class arrangement 202-208 passengers can be accommodated and in single class 214 – 239 passengers can be seated. It has a fuel capacity of 11,275 kg in internal compartments.


All projects


All Blog Posts

Submarine Commanders Receive Trophy

SYDNEY – Three submarine commanding officers who have passed the Royal Australian Navy’s toughest command course were presented with …